What is Flex Events
Events management and publishing is one of the most popular features on internet. You can find event list on church websites, mesuem websites, library websites, stadium websites and many other kinds of websites. Flex Events allows you to easily do this job on DotNetNuke websites.
Flex Events allows you to setup locations and categories. Each event can be assisgned to one location and one or more categories. Site visitors can use locations and categories to easily filter your events. You can have dozens of fields to describe your events, and you can setup custom fields to describe your events if necessary. Custom fields can also be used to collect data from your clients when they book events.
You may wish your event list to have different kinds of layouts according to your web design. Flex Events comes with 6 event list views like Calendar view, Week view, Grid view and List view. All views are optimized to work on both desktop browsers and mobile devices. It is also possible to combine multiple module instances and display all events in an integrated module.
Mobile Friendly is one of our top concerns when we develop this product. This product is responsive and works well on desktop browsers. The appearance of many UI elements on mobile devices are different with the desktop version. Flex Events is also especially enhanced for SEO purposes. For instance, when you browse events in your browser, pagination may be enabled so you will not get a long page. However, when web crawlers reach the same page, pagination is disabled so search engines can easily index your events and will not consider it to have too many levels.
Flex Events support online event booking, and you can choose to accept payment by Paypal, Authorize.NET and offline payment. Multiple pricing tiers and bulk discount can be defined with a few mouse clicks.
Why can Flex Events do
Flex Events allows you topublish one-time events and recurring events on DotNetNuke websites. We strongly recommend you to download the trial version and try it by yourself. There is a Load Dummy Data link in the trial version which allows you to build a dummy events module within a few seconds.
The main features of this product can be summarized to:
Publish recurring events : Flex Events allows you to easily create one-time events and recurring events. If an event first happens on Thursday, November 13, 2014, Flex Events allows you to recur this event every Thursday, 13th day of every month, or 2nd Thursday of every month. More complicated patterns can be defined to support irregular recurring events.
Six event list views : Similar to Ultra Media Gallery, Flex Events comes with six unique event list views, and it is expeted to have more. If you publish frequent events with same location, you can adopt Calendar view, if you only have a few events to publish, you can use Month view or SimpleList view, if your events happens in many geographical locations you can choose Map view. etc.
Online event booking : Flex Events allows your visitors to register or book events, when book an event Flex Events supports Paypal, Authorize.Net and offline payment, you can easily setup multiple pricing tiers and bulk discounts with a few monse clicks. Booking Time Window can be configured so events can only be booked during a specific time period.
What's new in version 2.0
Week View Demo
- Week View is now available. Week view is an ideal choice when you have many events which happen in one or a few locations.
- You can define one or more custom fields for events. Custom fields for events are extra fields of data you wish to enter and display for your events.
- You can define one or more custom fields for bookings. Custom Fields for bookings are extra questions you wish to ask when your clients book an event.
- A slideshow can be created and assigned to an event. Each slideshow may contain many slides, and a responsive image slider will be displayed in event detail page.
- Flex Events now allows you to set a minimum occupancy requirement for an event. Events without sufficient registration can be cancelled.
- The Calendar view and Week view allows you to export selected events in iCal format, which can be loaded to Google Calendar or calendar apps on mobile devices.
- Import from DNN Events. You can either import DNN Events from your local DNN database, or a remote database.
- Integrates PortalSkinHelper, which allows your DNN to always use portal skin, instead of Edit skin on Flex Events pages. PortalSkinHelper can be downloaded separatedly from our website for free, and it can be used to serve same purposes for other DNN modules.
- You can set a booking time window for event registration.
- Event managers can send newsletters to all users who booked an event.
- Export a full list of booked customers in Excel(.xlsx) format.