Looking for the old forum?

For topics posted before June 2015, please click here to visit the old support forum. Post your questions in this forum if you have any questions.

Support Forums
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 10 Mar 2016 09:41 PM by  Dblackmon
Issue with exporting and importing data
 8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages


New Member


Posts:56
New Member


--
10 Mar 2016 09:41 PM
    I ended up have an issues during a DotNetNuke upgrade, only to learn that my backup through GoDaddy was not any good. I have been trying to export and reimport the Flex data into my new database.

    I don't understand why the data will not show up through the module, however I can view it without any issues using the Management Studio. The issue seems very similar to when I edit the data outside of the module it just quits showing up. Its like if you don't use your stored procedure to add or edit it wont work right?

    Anyway I am trying to avoid re keying in close to a 100 records if you can shed some light on what my be going on.


    Basic Member


    Posts:240
    Basic Member


    --
    14 Mar 2016 12:33 AM
    So, you have these records in database. But you cannot access them from your website UI.

    Can you check to see if these records have valid ModuleId?


    New Member


    Posts:56
    New Member


    --
    14 Mar 2016 06:44 PM
    I have the correct ModuleID that was the first thing I modified. However since then I have imported them for the third time and I am now seeing data, However I wasn't expecting to have so many issues with a simple export and import. So of my issues could be the fact i am using GoDaddy to host the account. Working in a Plesk environment is a very clunky.


    New Member


    Posts:56
    New Member


    --
    16 Mar 2016 08:42 PM
    Well I bit the bullet waiting for your email response.

    I went ahead and uninstalled the Module and reinstalled it fresh and started putting in my 70 plus events. Low and behold it wasn't a problem with my data from my import. It appears it has been the module all the time becasue its behaving the same way based on the screen shoots I sent you via email.

    You have no idea how much grief I have received over the course of the past two weeks. All I can do is hope you are online today to offer some hope on whats going on.

    The Xmoudule Browser has some issues filtering data big time. Not to mention the same issue is present when adding a new event that the price wont save all the time. (I think I have narrowed it down to the fact you have to be on the registration tab for it to save correctly.


    New Member


    Posts:56
    New Member


    --
    17 Mar 2016 07:20 AM
    Well I just figured out this morning that if you have the Flex Event Module on the same page as the XModuleBrowser. It is what is causing the issues with filtering...



    Basic Member


    Posts:240
    Basic Member


    --
    17 Mar 2016 08:27 PM
    Sorry for the delays to give you a reply. I was out of town in this spring break.

    I saw you no longer put Flex Events and XModuleBrowser in same page, so you should not have this problem any more. However, I still went ahead to test if these module can be used together.

    Upon my testing result, these two modules do work together. I tested with XModuleBrowser and the Calendar view in Flex Events module. If your problems came from a different view in Flex Events, please let me know.


    New Member


    Posts:56
    New Member


    --
    17 Mar 2016 08:35 PM
    If the Flex Main module is in slider view on the same page it will cause filtering issue. I originally wanted them both on the same page but I was forced to move it because of the issues.

    I seriously have no idea what you are doing different, but I can tell you it has been nothing but issue after issue


    Basic Member


    Posts:240
    Basic Member


    --
    22 Mar 2016 03:39 PM
    I'll test how it works in Slider View and let you know.


    Basic Member


    Posts:240
    Basic Member


    --
    30 Mar 2016 09:12 PM
    I found the problem and it will be fixed in version 1.8.7.

    Thanks.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.


    Copyright © 2005-2013 BizModules Contact us