UVG 6.2 integrates Amazon Elastic Transcoder service.
The core feature of UVG is video encoding. Since the first version of UVG, it comes with a video encoding engine which is able to convert most popular video formats to flv/mp4 format, after many years development, our video encoding engine is able to encode most video files reliably, however, there are still some defects:
- It might times out when encode long videos
- The video file size might be too big in some case
- Doing time-consuming video encodings on your website server might slow down it
Amazon released their Elastic Transcoder service since Jan 2013. Amazon Elastic Transcoder is media transcoding in the cloud. It is designed to be a highly scalable, easy to use and a cost effective way for developers and businesses to convert (or “transcode”) media files from their source format into versions that will playback on devices like smartphones, tablets and PCs.
UVG 6.2 fully integrates Amazon Elastic Transcoder service, which gives you the possibility to benefit from Amazon’s professional and reliable video encoding service in the cloud, all you have to do is:
That’s all, UVG will automatically work with Elastic Transcoder to encode your videos to mp4 format and present it on your DNN website.
- Install UVG (you no longer need to install the “Binary Pack”)
- Configure UVG to use Amazon Elastic Transcoder service
- Upload videos to UVG.