Ultra Video Gallery 2.0.1 ~ 2.4.4
Monday, June 9, 2008
There are numerous minor upgrades during this time, so we merge them and put into 1 release note.
- Be compatible with latest youtube changes.
- Added a new "Auto Load" option, when this option is enabled, UVG only start to load the video after clicking the play button.
- Before load the video, UVG display the screenshot in the center of the stage so you won't get a empty stage.
- Fixed the bug in UVG_TagList module that the [VIDEOCOUNT] tag always returns 0.
- Fixed the bug in UVG_AddVideo module that UVG keeps remember "Featured" option after adding a featured video.
- Some users have trouble with rotated screens feature, so [ROTATEDSCREENSHOT] token is removed from display template for all video listing modules.
- When add new videos, UVG now allows you to add video from embed code offered by Youtube and other video community websites.
- Allows you to edit video description with rich text editor, refer to "Rich text video description" chapter in the user guide for further information.
- Amazon S3 integration, This is the most important enhancement in version 2.2, now UVG can be seamlessly integrated with Amazon S3, so you can securely store your videos in datacenters of amazon to save your disk space and bandwidth investment.
- UVG 2.2 now support DNN IPortable support, thus you can export your videos to a zip file and restore it elsewhere..
- Fixed a bug that sometimes it doesn't work when add video from DailyMotion.
- In some prior versions, Listing tab couldn't be saved in UVG_Configurations module. this bug is not fixed.
- Fixed the "Total size > xxxxxxx bytes" error when upload files without UVG.
- New web composing role support, you can use this feature to grant some users the permission to add video from internet only.
- New [RATINGSTARS] token in video listing modules. which can be used to show average rating score of your videos with star icons.
- There is a slight change with Youtube API, UVG 2.1 changed the method to retrieve youtube video url to ensure UVG player work with youtube videos.
- When upload zipped videos, the category and tag you selected are not saved.
- New [DNNPLAYURL] token in UVG_VideoInformation module, which represent the url to play this video in normal DNN page.
- In two-pass mode, some videos can't be converted if it have lower resolution.
- When you embed a video, the screenshot of related videos couldn't be displayed.
- Video couldn't be converted if there is a space(" ") in your DNN path.
- Cross portal support, now video listing modules can list videos in all portals.
- There is a slight change of Youtube API, so prior versions of UVG can't capture the url of the video screenshot on youtube, the fix of this problem is included in this version.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes the embed code don't work for internet videos.
- In prior versions, the watermark text is zoomed in when you click the full screen button, and it is zoomed out when you click the full screen button again to return to normal screen, but it isn't zoomed out if you press Escape key to return, this problem is now fixed.
- Added an option to set the frame rate when convert a video.
- Added an option to set whether to use "2-pass" mode when convert a video.
- Changed repeat direction to Horizontal in UVG_VideoList module.
- Fixed a bug in UVG_VideoComments module, which doesn't show post date in appropriate format of current culture.
- Fixed a bug related to video duration and rating stars, which doesn't work in some cultures like Polish.
- Update executionTimeout setting in web.config when you use Configuration Wizard to configure this product, because some users reported they get timeout error when upload a large video.
- Bug fix: the [SENDER] token is the notification email when share video was not properly replaced.
- Support [AUTHOR_USERNAME] token when show related videos in UVG player.
- Replace turkish characters to corrsponding english character when add category title/video title/tag to page title.
- Fixed some bugs in the first release of version 2.
DotNetNuke, UVG, Bug fix