UMG Classic, the first image viewer developed for Ultra Media Gallery, was designed as a flash viewer 6 years ago, it comes without multi media content support and does not work well on some mobile devices since it depends on flash plugin. UMGClassic is the most widely adopted viewer because it is the only choice in the first 2 years.
ShadowViewer is added to UMG since June 2008, which is also a flash viewer.
Since UMG 8.9, both are now replaced by our new UMGClassicNG presentation, which is fully redesigned with a modern look & feel, and offers many cool features of the new decade.
The main features of UMGClassicNG are listed below:
- Support multiple albums & nested albums, it offers a iPhone-style icon group for parent albums.
- Fully works on mobile devices, including iPhone / iPad / Android /Windows Phone ... , "Fully works" means , images, videos, audios, and even embeded videos from Youtube works on these devices.
- Touch & Swipe on mobile devices, it automatically detects the device being used, and allows touch & swipe when possible.
- Support all 4 kinds of medias, UMGClassicNG support images, videos, audios and flash movies, these medias can be placed in a single mixed gallery.
- Support embeded videos from Youtube or other websites.
- UMGClassicNG allows you to easily share on social websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, one thing to notice is that it shares the current media being viewed rather that the entire gallery.
- Facebook-style photo tagging, if you use Facebook you should not be unfamiliar with it, for each photo in the gallery, admin users can put some tags on specific positions to tell visitors a person's name or some other information.
- Auto play wisely, many other gallery modules in the market allows you to enable auto play in a multi media gallery, one interesting thing is that, if you are watching a video, it simply skips your video even it is not finished when it is time to switch to next slide. This situation will not happen in UMGClassicNG, it only switch to next slide when the video is finished.
Please be aware UMGClassicNG replaces UMGClassic and ShadowViewer when upgrade to UMG 8.9, do not perform the upgrade if you would still like to use them.
Click the link below to see how it works, it's recommended to try it from both PC and mobile devices when possible.